Petal Porcelain ® Setting Agent
One quick dip in this waterbased setting agent and your silk flowers, ribbon, fabric and other trimmings can be molded into a beautiful porcelain-like finish. Adheres and stiffens in one simple step.
FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Midnight, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
Folk Art Spray Sealer: Gloss Finish
Small wooden shelf
Navy gloss spray paint
Hot glue gun
Various silk flowers; eucalyptus; and leaves
Tea light candle
Optional: coordinating feathers
- Basecoat the plaque with Midnight Blue.
- Hot glue various silk flowers, leaves, and eucalyptus to the shelf as desired.
- Paint everything, shelf included, with a good layer of Petal Porcelain, and allow it to dry overnight.
- Spray paint the shelf and flowers.
- After everything has dried, spray the candle shelf with two coats of Gloss Sealer to make sure nothing get scratched or cracked.
- Optional: Glue feathers among the flowers.
- Don’t feel like everything has to be symmetrical. To make it whimsical, consider lilac or pink hues for your project.
- Petal Porcelain is excellent for smoothing out the rough texture of silk flowers often have. By using matte paints and sealers, you get a fashionably modern, leather look.
- You may need as many as three coats of spray paint to really get down in the nooks and crannies of the flowers: make sure to not get too close (you don’t want the paint to run!), and leave enough time between each coat to dry to the touch.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.