Small paper mache pumpkin
3 drinking straws
2 medium wiggle eyes
Hot glue gun with glue
Flat paint brush
Cloth covered wire
White paper towel
- Pull the pumpkin stem out of pumpkin and discard.
- Paint pumpkin Wicker White. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of wire 6” long and bend in half. Thread wire ends down through the center of the pumpkin head so both ends are coming out of bottom of head.
- Pour Stiffy into bowl.
- Cut 12 strips of the cheesecloth about 1” wide. Open strips and lay them flat.
- Dip one strip into the Stiffy and squeeze between fingers as you lift up from bowl to remove excess.
- Wrap loosely around pumpkin. Set aside to dry.
- Tear a sheet of paper towel into strips that are about 2” wide. Dip one into the Stiffy and squeeze out excess.
- Wrap around the first straw starting at the end and wrapping up for 3”. This makes the leg a little larger.
- Wrap a strip of cheesecloth loosely around this first leg and set aside. Repeat for second leg.
- Holding both legs together, wrap some cheesecloth around both for about 2” to make body.
- Cut the third straw to measure 5”. Wrap it with paper towel strip, then cheesecloth strips as you did for the legs.
- Wrap a strip of dipped cheesecloth around arms and body to attach. See photo for placement. Bend the arms slightly forward at shoulders. Let dry.
- Cut straws even with shoulders. Hot glue head to body making sure wires from hanger go into the straws and get covered with glue. Hold in place until glue cools. Glue eyes in place.
- Dip another strip of cheesecloth in Stiffy, remove excess, and then loosely wrap around head over eyes. Wrap another piece around shoulders letting some hang as shown.
not yet rated
not yet rated
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.