To create bird:
1. If needed paint the bird with a coat of spray primer.
2. Paint the bird with a solid coat of black paint. Allow to dry.
3. Apply a coat of crackle finish to the bird. Allow to dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step.
4. Working quickly and in one direction, apply the pink paint to the bird. The paint will begin to crackle. Allow to dry.
5. Add a finish coat to the bird by spraying two coats if clear coat to the bird. Allow to dry in between coats.
6. Using glue, attach a felt circle to the bottom of the bird
To create box:
1. Begin by rustic painting the entire base of the box Bark Brown. Don’t worry about complete coverage. Paint the lid with Spanish Olive.
2. Dip the paintbrush bristles into the Aqua paint and tap off the excess paint. Dry brush the paint over the top and bottom of the box. Keep the painting light and rustic looking.
3. Cut book pages into sections that will fit the top of the box. Using the same paper, cut flower stems and grass spikes. Use a paper punch to create decorative flower shapes.
4. Apply a coat of Mod Podge on the back of the cut book pages, place the sections onto the top of the box, add a layer of Mod Podge, press the strips with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Topcoat with an additional layer of Mod Podge. Attach the stems, punched flowers and grass spikes to the front of the box paper punched flower shapes to the front in the same fashion as the top.
5. Add glitter highlights to the flowers and box. Apply a thick coat of extreme glitter gold to the flower petals, dry brush peridot glitter to the front and corners of the box. Allow to dry. Hot glue rhinestones to the center of the flowers.
6. Working on a ceramic bird, paint the nest with Bark Brown, dry brush the nest with Spanish Olive. Paint the bird with Aqua paint.
7. Add a layer of Turquoise Extreme Glitter to the bird. Top Coat the entire bird and nest with gloss Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
8. Hot glue the bird and nest to the top of the box. Glue moss around and on the bird nest.