Ruler, 11 inch piece of 1/4” dowel, 3-inch round Styrofoam™ ball, 2-inch round Styrofoam™ ball, 5-3/4 inch Styrofoam™ star, 3” x 3” Styrofoam™ square, 4 1-1/2 inch wood flat disc, 2 1-1/4 inch wood primitive star, 4 1-inch wood gingerbread men, 4 7/8 inch oval disc, 8 ¾ inch wood flat disc bead, 4 5/8 inch wood barrel bead, 4 corsage pins, 1-1/2 yards Nylon Wired Edge Ribbon (color of your choice), 16-gauge floral wire, 18-inch silver 22-gauge galvanized steel wire, Foam glue, No. 8 fabric round scrubber brush, No. 10/0 liner brush, No. 4 and 8 flat shader brush, ¼ inch stencil brush, Palette knife or wood craft stick, Palette paper or foam plate, Paper towels
Tip: Use the round fabric scrubber to apply paint to all Styrofoam pieces. Push the paint into the pores of the Styrofoam for complete coverage.
- SQUARE: Paint Styrofoam square Pure Silver. Let dry.
- Using No. 4 flat shader, paint 1/4-inch border around each edge with Black & White. Let dry.
- Paint each of the 1-1/2-inch wood flat discs: Caterpillar, Plum Kiss, Turquoise, and Yellow. Let dry. Paint Gold Glitter Paint over Yellow disc, Peridot Glitter Paint over Caterpillar disc, Purple Glitter Paint over Plum Kiss disc, and Turquoise Glitter paint over Turquoise disc. Let dry.
- Glue painted discs in center on each side.
- Using palette knife or wood craft stick, apply Texture Paint onto each corner.
- 3-INCH BALL: Using permanent marker, measure a 1-inch wide stripe around ball. Paint stripe Yellow.
- Paint above Yellow stripe Plum Kiss and below stripe Turquoise. Let dry.
- Using liner brush, add Caterpillar line on each side of Yellow stripe.
- Paint four flat disc beads Caterpillar. Let dry.
- Using corsage pins, attach four painted flat disc beads around Yellow stripe.
- 2-INCH BALL: Using a No. 4 flat shader, paint a 1/4-inch stripe around center using Black and White. Let dry.
- Using scrubber, paint above and below checked stripe Caterpillar. Let dry. Using liner brush, paint Plum Kiss line on each side of checked stripe.
- To paint circles: Using stencil brush, dip into Plum Kiss. Place on surface and turn in one spot. Lift.
- STAR: Paint star Pure Silver. Let dry.
- Using palette knife or craft stick, apply Texture Paint to top of star points. Let dry.
- Paint oval discs for the eyes using White Turquoise, and Black. See picture for placement. Once eyes are dry, glue a pair to each side.
- Using liner brush, paint a Black mouth and eyebrows.
- Using handle end of liner brush, add a Plum Kiss dot to each end of mouth.
- GARLAND: Paint four flat disc beads Caterpillar. Let dry.
- Paint gingerbread men Territorial Beige. Using liner brush, add White wiggly lines for “icing” lines on head, arms, and legs.
- Using stylus, add Black dots for eyes and three buttons.
- Using liner brush, add Black mouth.
- Using palette knife or craft stick, add Texture Paint to top of arms and head.
- Paint stars Yellow. Let dry.
- Using stylus, add Black dots for eyes.
- Using liner brush, add Black eyebrows, mouth, and small dashes (stitch lines) around star edge.
- Using stylus, add Plum Kiss dots at each end of mouth. 10. Using No. 4 flat shader, paint two barrel beads Plum Kiss and two barrel beads Turquoise.
- TOPIARY TRUNK : Paint dowel Purple. Let dry.
- ASSEMBLY: Push dowel through center of 3-inch ball. 2. Push dowel through center of 2-inch ball leaving a space between the two Styrofoam balls.
- Apply a dab of glue to end of dowel and push into center of square leaving a space between it and the 3-inch ball.
- Apply a dab of glue to end of dowel and push star onto it leaving a space between it and the 2-inch ball.
- Make a 10-loop bow and secure with floral wire. Attach between 3-inch ball and square.
- Using a small bit on a drill, drill holes on each side of stars and gingerbread men in order to string them onto the wire garland.
- String beads on to 9-inch piece of wire as shown. Using liner brush handle, curl wire closest to last item on garland. Push wire through end of star being cautious not to break point end of star. Curl wire on opposite side.
- Topcoat Texture Paint with a layer of Mod Podge Sparkle.
- Repeat steps 7 for second garland.