Bird chipboard shape, Art canvas, Scissors, Scrapbook paper (background), Foam paintbrush, Scrapbook papers (for bird), Coordinating FolkArt paint colors, Glitter, Hot glue, Scrapbook letters, Gem glue, Gems, Ribbon trim
- Cut the background scrapbook paper to fit just inside the painted canvas.
- Apply Mod Podge Sparkle to the back of the background paper, place the paper onto the center of the canvas. Smooth the papers with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Add a top-coat of more Mod Podge and smooth your brushstrokes. Allow to dry.
- Apply paper to the chipboard bird in the same fashion as step 1. Add highlights with coordinating paints. Paint a little Mod Podge onto the top surface and sprinkle a little glitter to the bird.
- Create a Mod Melt flowers, leaves and butterflies by heating a Mod Melt stick in a high temp glue gun, fill a mold with the Mod Melt, allow to cool, remove from the mold and paint with coordinating FolkArt paints. Apply a small amount of Mod Podge to each melt and sprinkle glitter to add sparkle.
- Using hot glue attach scrapbooking letters, the decorative bird and the melts to the design. Add trim around the outer edge of the canvas with hot glue. Attach gems to the design with gem glue.
Tip: Quote art and positive message canvases are great for decorating and personalizing your space. Look online and in quote books for sayings that “speak” to you.