Halloween Metallic Trims (item #33456), Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol, Glass drinking glasses, Wood serving tray, fine grit sandpaper
Note: You can find Halloween Metallic Trims (item #33456) exclusively at Michaels.
- Thoroughly wash glasses in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe each glass to remove excess dirt, grease or remaining soap residue.
- Using stencil tape, measure and mark horizontal band around lip line of each drinking glass.
- Basecoat wood tray using Metallic Gold on the interior of the wood tray and Beetle Black Gloss on the exterior. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply until opaque.
- Prepare metallic trims by measuring lengths and cut using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the backside of the metallic trim.
- Apply the metallic trim to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press metallic trim onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding metallic trim to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the metallic trim. When brushing over the trim on the drinking glasses, be sure to apply the decoupage finish over the entire glass up to the stencil taped border. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Using a craft knife, score along the tape line before carefully removing the tape when completely dry.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.