1” Flat brush, #12 Flat brush, #1 Script liner, Small wood toy box, ½ yard Ivory rocket ship fabric, ½ yard Ivory robot fabric, Scissors, Ruler, Pencil, Masking Tape
- Basecoat the lid and center of the toy box Wicker White. Basecoat the sides of the toy box Coastal Blue. Paint the edges Licorice.
- Unscrew the lid of the toy box and lay it down on the rocket ship fabric and trace. Cut out traced pattern.
- Measure the front and back panel of the toy box and cut two pieces from the robot fabric using the measurements.
- Working one panel/side at a time, apply a coat of Mod Podge to a toy box. Lay the fabric over the box and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles. Allow to dry. Repeat the same process for other panel and lid.
- Using Wicker White, paint dots along the edge of the Licorice edge as shown. On the side panels paint some off centered stripes with Calico Red and Licorice.
- Cut out two rocket ships from the robot fabric. Cut as close to the image as possible. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the back of the cut fabric piece and adhere to the sides of the toy box.
- Trim excess fabric from the lid and front/back panels if needed.
- Paint thin stripes to the front of the lid using Wicker White, Coastal Blue, & Calico Red. Paint small Wicker White air stream clouds under the rocket ships on the side panels.
- Finish with a few coats of Mod Podge over the entire toy box.