Wood tray 10” x 14”, Flat brush ½”, Flat brush ¼”, Liner brush #1, Tape, Scissors, 4 wood candle cups 1 5/8”, 4 wood finial dowel cap 1 1/16”, Glue, Assorted purple scrapbook papers, Water basin, Paper towels, Foam plates
- Paint inside of tray Metallic Plum. Paint outside Pure Gold.
- Use pattern to cut out paper pieces.
- Lay paper pieces in geometric pattern as shown being careful not to have two same papers next to each other.
- Use Mod Podge® to adhere papers to tray. Let dry at least twenty minutes when completed.
- Apply several coats of Mod Podge® to seal papers allowing dry time between coats.
- Tape off one segment of geometric pattern on side of tray as shown and paint Plum. Let dry.
- Tape off triangle on Plum field and paint Pure Gold.
- Tape off adjacent triangle and paint Plum.
- Paint candle cups Pure Gold. Paint dowel caps Pure Gold and Plum.
- Glue cups and caps together. Glue to bottom of tray.
Project Tip: Use metallic papers for a more sophisticated look.