1/2" or 1/4" Stencil Brush, Toothpicks, Foam Plate, 4" Diameter Fluted Ivy Bowl
1. Enlarge patterns on photocopier.
2. To create leading outlines, place Leading Blank over enlarge pattern. Use tape tip to create fine line. Hold the Liquid Leading bottle like you would use a broomstick at 3/4" above the Leading Blanks for the patterns as follows: create 3 of pattern B. Let dry overnight. Leave leading outlines on the leading blanks as this is your working surface.
3. Using a craft knife, trim any uneven edges around leading outlines.
4. Working one section of pattern at a time, fill in leading outline with Window Color, applying directly from bottle tip. Fill a section with the color noted on pattern then immediately use a toothpick to work paint back and forth to spread paint evenly and remove air bubbles. Be sure the Window Color paint touches the edge of the leading outlines. NOTE: In sections requiring 16001 Crystal Clear, apply paint from bottle in a swirling motion and leave to dry. (Do not comb paint.)
5. Removing one finished cling design at a time, carefully peel designs from Leading Blank and place around top of the Ivy Bowl, approximately 3/4" down from the bottom of the fluted lip. (Refer to photo.)
6. Apply Crystal Clear directly from bottle in a swirling motion above floral border to top edge of fluted lip. Shake Etching Medium well then squirt a small amount on foam plate. Dip your stencil brush into medium then bounce brush on surface of Ivy Bowl below border to cover remaining area of Ivy Bowl. Reload brush with medium as necessary and continue until all areas are covered. Be sure you have applied an even coat. Let dry to an etched glass finish.