Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Assorted paper journals and note pads, Wooden pencil box
- Prepare all paper journals and note pads by painting any desired bands of color using Wild Blueberry and Mace. It will be helpful to use stencil tape to mask a straight line when basecoating the bands of color. Allow to dry.
- Basecoat lid of wood pencil box with Green Olive. Allow to dry.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage bush, apply one even, smooth coat of Decoupage Finish to the surface. (I used Matte on all paper and wood surfaces)
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.