Birdhouses, License plate and wood scrapbook paper, Scissors, Flat brush ¼”-1/2”, Wax paper, Old washer and screw, E 6000 adhesive, Squeegee, Sandpaper, Unfinished wood birdhouse 8 x 5 x 6, Foam plates, Paper towels, Brush basin, Camouflage and grass scrapbook paper, Small branch, Lichen, Glue
Faux Wood Birdhouse
1. Paint base of birdhouse Basil Green and edge of roof Antique Copper. Lightly sand base when dry.
2. Cut papers to fit areas of birdhouse.
3. Following bottle directions, Mod Podge papers to house. Place wax paper over paper and use squeegee to remove any excess glue.
4. Dry 20 minutes and then apply several coats of Mod Podge to seal paper.
5. Use opposite end of paintbrush dipped in Antique Copper to create dots around opening of house.
6. Glue washer and screw to house with E 6000 to create perch.
1. Remove post from birdhouse.
2. Paint base with Real Brown and lightly sand when dry.
3. Trim paper to fit birdhouse roof and body.
4. Referring to Mod Podge bottle, attach paper to house. Place wax paper over pieces and use squeegee to smooth out any excess glue.
5. Apply several coats of Matte over paper after letting dry 20 minutes.
6. Glue lichen to base of house and branch into hole for perch.