3/16 x 10 x 11-7/8 STYROFOAM™ sheet, 3 3/4 inch STYROFOAM™ balls, Styro Cutter, Black permanent marker, 3 toothpicks, 14-inch wired miniature holly garland, 3 floral U-pins, Wire cutters or needle-nosed pliers, 5 miniature Christmas presents, 12 inches of 1/8 inch double-faced satin ribbon, Ruler, Scissors, Fabric round scrubber brush, No. 10/0 liner brush, No. 4 flat shader brush, Palette Paper, Brush basin, Paper towels, 18 inches of 5/8 inch wide ribbon, 6 straight pins with red beads, Foam glue, 24 Dum-Dum suckers
Note: Use fabric round scrubber brush to apply paint to Styrofoam in large areas.
- From Styrofoam sheet, cut the following sizes using the Styro Cutter to do the cutting: 7 in x 11-7/8 in for brick fireplace front 3-1/4 in x 11-7/8 in for hearth 1 x 11-7/8 in for mantel
- Cut out pattern and equally space on fireplace front (refer to photo for placement). Using Styro Cutter, cut out 3 stockings (keep stockings for a future project).
- Paint mantel and hearth White and paint brick Bright Red. Let dry.
- Using width of ruler, draw lines with White using liner brush for bricks.
- Paint a Black area 3- x 4-inches for fire opening. Let dry.
- Using No. 4 flat shader, add a White border around fire opening. Using liner brush, add a Black angle line in upper top corners.
- Mix Black and White together to achieve Grey. Using liner brush, add grey lines 1/2-inch from each edge and an angle line going to each top corner. This will give some depth to the inside of the fireplace.
- Paint fire Yellow. While wet, blend in Pumpkin Orange, Bright Red, and White.
- Paint inside edges of stocking cuff White and remainder of inside stocking edge Caterpillar.
- CHRISTMAS BALLS: Paint Styrofoam balls Caterpillar. Let dry.
- Add a Christmas Green band around center. Let dry.
- Using dimensional paint, add a Bright Red line on each side of Christmas Green band. Let dry.
- Randomly add Pure Gold Metallic dots around band. Let dry.
- Paint toothpicks Bright Red. Let dry.
- Push toothpicks into top of each ball. 8. Tie a bow onto toothpick so it touches top of ball.
- Apply some glue to end of toothpick and insert into top of stocking opening.
- ASSEMBLY: Glue mantel to top of brick wall. Let dry.
- Glue bottom of brick wall to hearth. Let dry.
- Pin ribbon to hearth edge. 13. Glue packages to top of mantel.
- Cut U-pins to 3/4-inch in length. Using these, attach garland to front and sides of mantel.
- Press suckers into hearth.