1. Cut the fabric into three pennant flag triangle shapes.
2. Using low tack tape, tape off the edge of each triangle. Paint the edges with Jamaican sea paint.
3. Using tape, tape off a stripe design on each triangle. Make some thick and some thin. Be sure to leave a space for the bird stencil. Using a medium paintbrush, paint the stripe design with the pumpkin, calypso sky, melted chocolate, and sugar plum paint. Allow to dry.
4. Position the bird stencil in your desired spots. Tape the stencil in position, load the stencil paintbrush with sugar plum paint, tap off the excess paint. Working directly above the stencil, tap the brush over the bird design. Lift the stencil to reveal the design. Wash stencil and reuse.
5. Sew the tops of the pennant flags to the center of the pompom trim. Add extra embellishments, sew buttons and glue gems to the flags.