Mint Magnet Gift Box
By: Jane Chandler
Jane Chandler is an artist/designer who resides with her hubby, three kids, and dog in Northwest Arkansas after “growing up” in Little Rock. She enjoys antiquing, flowers, decorating, watercolor/mural painting, and spending time with family and friends in her spare time. She’s worked for publishing, paint, and needlework companies within the craft and hobby industry for 25+ years. She loves to create unique items, using a wide range of mediums.
A perfect treat for the holiday season!
THIS PROJECT FEATURES THESE GREAT BRANDS:
FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home decor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Christmas Red, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
This item is currently
out of stock
Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
Mod Podge ® is quick-drying for multiple coat build up and dries clear. Can be sanded to a smooth finish. Cleans up easily while wet with soap and water. Certified AP non-toxic; waterbase. Mod Podge ® is an all in one decoupage glue, sealer and finish.
3” high round paper mache box
Unfinished wood: 2“ circle/disc
Two round ¾” Craft magnets
Clear cellophane film
3/8” wide scrapbooking ribbon
Foam Plate for paints
and small round paintbrushes
Black permanent marker – fine point
Low temp glue gun
Pattern for mint
- Use Wicker White to paint box, box lid, and wood circle; let dry.
- Transfer mint pattern lines to one side of circle.
- Use Christmas Red to paint top of lid and alternate sections of mint pattern on circle; let dry.
- Cut a 9 ½” x 3” strip from striped paper; cut a 9 ½” x 1 ½” strip from candy cane print paper.
- Use Mod Podge to attach wide strip around side of box, smoothing out wrinkles and overlapping ends; let dry.
- Use Mod Podge to attach narrow strip around side of box, ½” from bottom edge, smoothing out any wrinkles and overlapping ends. Let dry.
- Apply a topcoat of Mod Podge on all pieces; let dry.
- Use marker to write name over mint side of circle.
- Use glue gun to attach a 9 ½” length of ribbon around side of lid; trimming excess and sealing overlapped ends.
- Glue one magnet to center at inside of box lid. Glue remaining magnet to center back of mint shape, being sure that the side facing out is correct so that magnets attract (and do not distract) when mint is placed on top of box lid.
- Cut a 5” x 7” piece of cellophane film. Place mint shape, face down, at center of film and join long straight edges at center back. Hold in position while twisting ends of film at each side of mint, using glue to secure twists at back side. Trim excess film evenly. Place mint magnet on top of lid.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.