How should I prepare my surfaces before painting with FolkArt Painted Finishes Moss?
Surface preparation depends on the type of surface you've chosen.
- Wood – Because FolkArt Painted Finishes Moss is a thick textural paint, there is no need for additional prep whether working on finished or unfinished wood, even if the surface is very rough.
- Terra Cotta – No prep is necessary when decorating terra cotta.
- Plastic – Wash plastic surfaces in warm, soapy water to remove any existing grease film. Allow to thoroughly dry.
- Papier Mache – No prep is necessary when decorating papier mache surfaces.
- Metal – Wash all new metal surfaces in warm, soapy water; allow to thoroughly dry. Moisten a paper towel or soft cloth with distilled white vinegar and wipe over surface; allow to dry.
- Cement, Masonry and Garden Statuary – Apply a coat of white vinegar (to neutralize lime), allow to dry, rinse, and then allow to dry thoroughly.
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to review this item
Click here to login