How shall I prepare my project surface when using FolkArt Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint?
The type of surface you're using will dictate the preparation method.
- Wood: Sand smooth with fine grit sandpaper, wipe away sawdust.
- Tin: Wash with soap and water; wipe with white vinegar dampened cloth, then rinse with water and let dry completely.
- Glass/Ceramic: Wash with soap and water; wipe with rubbing alcohol dampened cloth.
- Terra Cotta: Wipe clean; seal pot interior with paint or two coats of FolkArt Waterbase Sealer. If terra cotta will not be used as a planter, simply paint.
- Canvas: Wipe primed canvas clean; if unprimed, apply a couple coats of FolkArt Gesso Primer.
- Rigid Plastic: Wipe clean with damp cloth.
- Paper Mache: Wipe clean with damp cloth.
- Plaster: Wipe clean with damp cloth.
- Concrete: Coat with white vinegar, let dry, rinse, and dry thoroughly.
- Fabric: prewash in soap and water, dry thoroughly without fabric softener or dryer sheet.
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to review this item
Click here to login