How do I stencil on fabric?
1. Pre-wash and dry fabric. This will remove the sizing that comes in new fabric and help the paint bond better with the fibers.
2. Place and secure fabric over a plastic-covered or waxed cardboard to create a firm surface for stenciling and to prevent bleed-through to any other part of the fabric.
3. Load stencil brush by dabbing into paint puddle and circle on a paper towel to disperse the paint into the bristles and remove the excess. You can always go back and add more paint, however, an overloaded brush can cause an instant smudge that is next to impossible to remove from fabric.)
4. Apply paint with either a pouncing or circular stroke. Let fabric thoroughly dry, at least 36 hours.
5. Heat set by placing cloth over the stenciling and applying concentrated heat, at the wool setting, for several minutes. Launder or dry clean as you would any delicate fabric.
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to review this item
Click here to login