How do I cut and prepare rusty tin shapes?
- Rub rusty tin lightly with a soft, dry cloth to remove excess debris and smooth the surface.
- Transfer traced pattern onto rusty tin with white graphite paper; press very hard with a pencil. Or cut out traced pattern and trace around it on rusty tin with a soft lead pencil. If using a pencil, trace on opposite side of the tin than which will be showing.
- Cut out tin shape with scissors. Be careful not to cut yourself. Be sure to trim as smoothly as possible, eliminating sharp edges. Avoid spurs.
- Hammer edges flat, if needed.
- Drill holes, if needed, with a drill and drill bit.
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to review this item
Click here to login