(2) Craft foam snowman body (one for each snowman)
(4) 1/2" dia. black buttons with shank
(2) 1" red hearts
(3) 1/2" diameter yellow buttons
5-1/2" diameter straw hat
Jumbo orange chenille stem
Small silk pine greenery
(2) 1" red star appliques
1 yard of 1" blue ribbon
1/2 yard of 1/4" green ribbon
24 Gauge gold wire
Blue & white felt
Scissors & pinking shears
8" x 10" Red plaid fabric
Green strip for scarf
Aluminum foil for palette
- Push a craft stick into the top and bottom of the snowman body. Use a craft stick to apply a thin even coat of the Delta Decorative Snow to entire body of the snowman. When completed, suspend the body over a box using the sticks at the ends to sit on the sides of the box. Allow to dry 24 hours.
- To create the nose, cut a 2" piece of the orange stem and trim one end to a point, push into the center of the face. Apply glue to the shank of the black buttons and press into place above the nose.
- Squeeze out a small amount of both colors of Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint onto foil. Tap the otton swab into Lisa Pink and pounce onto face for cheeks referring to photo for placement.
- Cut off one end of a cotton swab and dip into the White, add highlights onto the button eyes. Let paint dry. A blow dryer will speed this step.
- Apply a bead of glue on face for the mouth. Press the E-beads into the glue to form a smile.
- Cut four arms of the white felt, and two blue mittens. Glue the mittens to the end of one set of arms using Delta Sobo Glue. Trim the white felt as need for the mittens to fit. Glue the red stars to the front of the mittens. Glue both sets of arms in place on the bodies.
- Glue the straw hat in place. Tie the blue ribbon around the hat and under the chin. Glue on a small piece of greenery and a heart button to the hat. Form a wreath of greenery, glue the hands in position for hold the wreath in place. Glue on the added berries and buttons. Glue the heart button to the front of the snowman.
- To create the stocking hat, fold up one long end of the plaid fabric and wrap around the head, overlapping by 1/2" in the back, trim off excess. Glue into place, add a few straight pins to hold in place until glue is set. Gather the ends of the fabric and tie a bow with the green ribbon. Cut the fabric for the scarf with pinking shears if desired and tie around the neck. Clip in ends of scarf to resemble fringe. Glue three larger berries in place down the front of the snowman.
- To form glasses, cut a 10" piece of the wire, form two circles for the lens, and bend back the remainder and poke into the head. Delta Tub O' Decorative Snow can be mixed with any of the 299 beautiful colors of Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint to create Christmas trees, reindeer, Santa's and more! For a glittery sparkle, add a coat of clear Delta Sparkle Glaze™.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.