2 – 8"x 6-1/2"x 5-1/2" Paper mâché bags
4 Compressed sponges
Glue gun and sticks
18 buttons in a variety of colors and sizes
Tips and Techniques
- To sponge paint, lightly dampen the sponge cutout shape. Squirt a small amount of paint onto a paper plate. Dip each cut-out shape into paint then dab onto another paper plate to blot off any excess paint before pressing sponge on the paper mâché bag. Allow the paint to dry between each application of different colors.
- To splatter bags (final step), run thumb across top of bristles to splatter paint onto bag (aiming first towards some newspaper to eliminate excess paint, then towards the bag).
- Paint the entire bag with Cinnamon paint. Allow to dry. Paint a second coat, and allow it to dry. Cut one circle out of sponge (for snowman's head) and another larger circle (for the body). Sponge-paint two snowmen on the front, back, and each side of the bag using Antique White paint. Let dry.
- Cut a hat shape out of sponge. Sponge-paint a hat on each snowman using Black.
- Cut a carrot shape out of sponge. Sponge-paint a carrot nose on each snowman's face using Orange.
- Cut a twig arm shape out of sponge. Sponge-paint two arms on the snowmen using Autumn Brown.
- With the blunt end of the paint brush, circle eyes and mouth by using Black paint to make dots.
- Using the glue gun, glue three buttons down the front of each snowman's stomach.
- Wet medium-size brush with water then dip into Antique White paint. Splatter bag (see Basic Techniques, step 2).
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.