FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint - Black, 8 oz.
Now you can create a chalkboard writing surface on any piece of wood or even terra cotta! Our new chalkboard paint is great for decorating furniture, party favors or gifts. Easy to use: simply brush on, let dry and condition with chalk! Chalkboard paint is waterbased and non-toxic.
Stencil Decor ® Brushes - Stencil Brush, 5/8"
A Stencil Decor ® tradition, high quality, white China bristle brushes feature solid wood handles and seamless aluminum ferrules for maximum paint hold and professional results every time.
FolkArt ® Handmade Charlotte™ Stencils - Family Message Center
Rachel Faucett, the author-designer behind the popular blog, Handmade Charlotte, translates her modern, fun aesthetic into a line of functional, family friendly stencils. Designs are easy to use and come to life with FolkArt paint. Made from sturdy, paper stencil material, each set contains large format designs, smaller coordinating motifs and a unique alphabet for personalizing - ideal for
messaging, celebrations and decor!
FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
12” x 12” wood plaque
Brush basin or container for water
¾” Flat brush
1. Make sure plaque is clean and dust free.
2. Tape off a ½” boarder around plaque. Use flat brush to paint border with Licorice. Let dry.
3. Position plate stencil on plaque and tape in place.
4. Load a stencil brush with Black Chalkboard paint. Tap on paper towel to remove excess paint.
5. Use a pouncing motion to stencil. Carefully remove stencil
6. Allow to dry and reapply for opaque coverage. Allow to dry.
7. Use pencil to trace “MENU” on paper to create a spacing template.
8. Use template to position word on plaque.
9. Stencil MENU on plaque with Licorice one letter at a time. Make sure each letter is dry before laying down another stencil to avoid smearing paint. Let dry.
10. Prepare the chalkboard following the instructions on the bottle.
1. Lay place mat on a piece of cardboard to protect surface from paint seeping through and secure with tape.
2. Position cloud stencil on plaque and tape in place.
3. Load a stencil brush with Licorice paint. Tap on paper towel to remove excess paint.
4. Use a pouncing motion to stencil. Allow to dry.
5. Repeat with Black Chalkboard paint. Allow to dry and reapply for opaque coverage. Allow to dry completely.
6. Use pencil to trace words or a short message on paper to create a spacing template.
7. Use template to position word on placemat.
8. Stencil word or message on placemat with Licorice one letter at a time. Make sure each letter is dry before laying down another stencil to avoid smearing paint. Let dry.
Project Tip: Use different words and messages on each placemat.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.