Girly Vanity Tissue Box
By: Cathie & Steve
Cathie & Steve
Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza are handcraft designers, Emmy Nominated television hosts, book authors, lifestyle experts and the inventors of Hot Glue Gun Helpers. Their shows can be seen in the United States, Australia, South Africa, The Philippines and on the Armed Forces Network. They were nominated for two Daytime Emmys. Cathie and Steve has also appeared on numerous network shows and specials for NBC, ABC, Discovery Channel, HGTV, DIY and Food Network. Programs such as Rachael Ray, IVillage Live, View From the Bay and the Florence Henderson Show have featured their creative ideas.
Make a custom tissue box with girly style, add a 3D pop with chipboard shapes and Mod Melts.
THIS PROJECT FEATURES THESE GREAT BRANDS:
Mod Podge ® Mod Melts - White Milk Glass
Use Mod Melts to create custom embellishments for crafting projects that can be decorated with craft paint. Each package contains sixteen 10" long mini melts.
Mod Podge ® Mod Molds - Flowers
DIY has never been easier or so much fun! Create your own embellishments to paint and attach to projects. Molds are made of durable, easy-to-use silicone. Bring your projects to life with Flowers Mod Molds!
FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Hologram, 5 oz.
Sparkling fine glitter acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Use on all porous surfaces. For brightest shimmer, basecoat with similar FolkArt color. All colors are certified AP non-toxic and water-based.
FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Hot Pink, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
FolkArt ® Metallics - Aquamarine, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose shimmering metallic acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
This item is currently
out of stock
Mod Podge ® Hard Coat, 8 oz.
The Mod Podge ® formula for projects that need that added durable finish. Dries hard and clear. Can be sanded to a smooth finish. Cleans up easily while wet with soap and water. Certified AP non-toxic; waterbase. Mod Podge ® is an all in one decoupage glue, sealer and finish.
Bird chipboard shape
Wood tissue box
- Paint the top and edges with Hot Pink.
- Trace the sides of the tissue box onto the backs of a piece of scrapbook paper. Cut out the design. We did a different print on each side.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the back of the scrapbook paper, position onto the tissue box, smooth with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Wait 10 minutes and then top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Add three layers of top-coat with 20 minutes dry time in between. Cut additional paper designs and apply them to the front of the tissue box.
- Mod Podge paper to a chipboard butterfly. While the top is still wet, sprinkle glitter over the wet Mod Podge. Use a nail file to sand the edges of the butterfly.
- Create a Mod Melt flower by heating a Mod Melt stick in a high temp glue gun, fill a mold with the Mod Melt, allow to cool, remove from the mold and paint with Aquamarine. Glue a rhinestone to the center.
- Glue the butterfly and gems to the tissue box.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.