Foam paint brush
Scrapbook papers – 3 different styles
Decorative feathers; trims; silk flowers
Sticky back “new year” rhinestones
Dollar store party hats - cardboard
Feathers and feather trim
Cardboard wine gift holder
Scrapbook papers – 1 print and 1 solid
Chipboard letters “celebrate”
Candle Plate and Candle
- Trace around the plate onto a piece of scrapbook paper. (leave a little extra for overhang – this will be trimmed later). Cut out the design. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the plate and to the top side (design side) of the cut paper. Place the paper design side down on the back of the plate. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Allow to dry.
- Cut a second piece of scrapbook paper to fit the top-inside of the plate. Apply Mod Podge to the back and front of the paper. Position the paper in the center of the plate, press out any air bubbles with your fingers and smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry and hot glue decorative trim around the edge of the paper.
- Hot glue decorative trim around the outer edge of the plate. Add a flower to one corner and apply the “New Year” stickers across the top of the plate.
- Trim the last piece of scrapbook paper to fit around the candle. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the paper. Wrap the paper around the candle, hold into position. Apply more Mod Podge as topcoat over the design.
- Begin with dollar store party hats. Disassemble the hats.
- To make a glitter hat, paint the hat with the Silver Anniversary. Next, topcoat with three layers of Silver Extreme Glitter, allowing to dry between layers. Once dry reassemble the hat.
- To make a Mod Podge hat, trace the hat shape onto the back of a piece of scrapbook paper. Trim the paper. Apply Mod Pto the back of the paper and position onto the cardboard hat. Use fingers to press out any air bubbles. Apply Mod Podge to the front of the paper to seal.
- Decorate: Using hot glue, add feather trims, decorative trims and loose feathers, chipboard shapes, or rhinestones letters to the hats. Hot glue silk flowers to the hats.
- Remove the top of the wine holder, paint the top with the Silver Anniversary. When dry, paint over silver with three layers of Silver Extreme Glitter, allowing to dry between layers. Once dry, hot glue trim around the top. Add feathers and flowers to the top with hot glue.
- Next, trim the printed-paper to fit around the wine holder. Trim a strip of solid paper to fit down the wine holder. (you might need to piece the papers) Apply Mod Podge to the wine holder and the fronts and backs of the scrapbook papers. Wrap the printed-paper around the holder, press out air bubbles, smooth brush strokes on the top.
- Add the solid strip of paper the same way. Allow to dry.
- Add trim around the top and bottom of the holder.
- Hot glue chipboard letters down the strip.
not yet rated
not yet rated
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.