Flower Hand Mirror
By: Cathie & Steve
Cathie & Steve
Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza are handcraft designers, Emmy Nominated television hosts, book authors, lifestyle experts and the inventors of Hot Glue Gun Helpers. Their shows can be seen in the United States, Australia, South Africa, The Philippines and on the Armed Forces Network. They were nominated for two Daytime Emmys. Cathie and Steve has also appeared on numerous network shows and specials for NBC, ABC, Discovery Channel, HGTV, DIY and Food Network. Programs such as Rachael Ray, IVillage Live, View From the Bay and the Florence Henderson Show have featured their creative ideas.
THIS PROJECT FEATURES THESE GREAT BRANDS:
Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
Take the sting and mess out of working with hot glue guns. Our one-of-a-kind set of must-have tools will banish your hot glue woes! Set includes a mat, finger caps, tweezers, a paddle and a press wand. Created by Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza.
Mod Podge ® Professional Tool Set
This Mod Podge ® Professional Tool Set is essential for any decoupage crafter. The Brayer is used to smooth paper, fabric and other items onto a surface, providing the right amount of pressure to eliminate air bubbles and with no mess. The Squeegee is used to press paper, fabric and other items into hard-to-reach corners.
FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Hologram, 5 oz.
Sparkling fine glitter acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Use on all porous surfaces. For brightest shimmer, basecoat with similar FolkArt color. All colors are certified AP non-toxic and water-based.
Mod Podge ® Sparkle, 2 oz.
Add a touch of sparkle to your decoupage projects! Waterbase formula dries fast & clear, holds tight, protects and gives a smooth finish. Great for all-around crafts and kid's projects.
Mod Podge ® Brushstroke - Matte, 8 oz.
Mod Podge ® Brushstroke creates a highly textured finish that resembles hand painting. Apply over posters, prints or to decoupaged canvas projects for an artistic look that's an affordable alternative to genuine painted wall art. Non-yellowing, dries clear. Certified AP non-toxic; waterbase.
Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
Mod Podge ® is quick-drying for multiple coat build up and dries clear. Can be sanded to a smooth finish. Cleans up easily while wet with soap and water. Certified AP non-toxic; waterbase. Mod Podge ® is an all in one decoupage glue, sealer and finish.
Scrapbook Paper & Scraps
Decorator Trim (to fit around the mirror
- Make a template of the back and handle of the mirror.
- Using the template, cut out the shapes from scrapbook paper.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the back of the mirror and back of the papers.
- Position the papers onto the mirror. Press with your fingers to smooth any air bubbles.
- Top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge.
- Add a layer or two of Mod Podge Sparkle to add a glitter finish. Let dry.
- Hot glue trim around the mirror, glue the additional 3” in the form of a flower stem.
- To make the flower, tear 3 pieces of scrapbook paper into 3 different sized circles.
- Crinkle the flowers and open flat onto the wax paper.Working with Extreme Glitter Hologram, coat each one with either a thick layer of glitter, a dollop of glitter in the center or glitter around the edge. Let dry, then peel from the wax paper.
- Hot glue the flower circles together in the center.
- Hot glue a large gem in the center.
- Glue the flower to the mirror just above the trim stem.
- Add a bow to the handle.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.