Shrinkable craft film (like Shrinky Dinks Shrinkable Plastic in Almond)
Paint markers (like Sakura Permapaque)
2 earring backs
1 large jump ring
1 silver chain
Circle cutter or other circular items to make a template
3/4” hole punch
- You will first need to cut your shrinkable plastic into three circles – one larger for the necklace and two smaller for the earrings. To do this, either use a circle cutter or find household items to trace. I used a funnel for the necklace and a jar lid for the earrings. Put the items on the surface of the shrinkable plastic and trace. Keep in mind that your plastic will shrink to 1/3 of its current size.
- Carefully cut the plastic using your scissors. Cut slowly.
- Choose your adhesive stencils and place onto the plastic. Use your paint markers to color in the stencil designs. Pull up the stencil and allow the paint marker to dry. Don’t touch the paint for several minutes or you will smear it. Tip: Your stencils may have a little residual marker ink on them, but they are perfectly fine use again for painting!
- Repeat on both the large circle and the two smaller circles until you have the design that you like.
- Punch a hole in the necklace with the hole punch.
- Bake the shrinkable plastic according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool.
- Apply Dimensional Magic over the top of the necklace and earring circles. Let dry overnight.
- Apply a second coat of Dimensional Magic (if desired) and let dry overnight.
- Attach the jump ring and the chain to the necklace. Attach the earring backs to the earring circles using jewel glue.
- Let dry for 24 hours before gifting!
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.