FolkArt ® Painted Finish Kit - Moss
Add an earthy element to your craft pieces using FolkArt’s Carded Moss Painted Finishes Kit. FolkArt Painted Finishes are a great way to elevate your decor projects. Transform the look of your projects using these creative finish options. Add rustic, but contemporary, flair to your indoor or outdoor decor pieces with these easy to use, non-toxic paint finishes. Since they can be used on a variety of surfaces, including wood, metal, terra cotta, or plastic, the finish options are almost endless.
FolkArt ® Painted Finishes - Brush Set, 3 pc.
Get the most out of your FolkArt Painted Finishes projects with this three-piece brush set. Ideal for thick or textured paint, these flag-tipped brushes have natural bristles designed for maximum hold and smooth application. Whether you’re creating a concrete look on a terra cotta pot or adding decorative moss to a lawn ornament, these brushes give you high quality results. Excellent for a wide variety of home decor and painted finishes projects, these 1 inch brushes are reusable and clean up easily with soap and water.
Concrete squirrel statuary (or animal of choice)
Distilled white vinegar
Brush basin or container for water
- Prepare concrete statuary – coat with distilled white vinegar (to neutralize lime), allow to air dry, rinse and then let dry thoroughly. This will promote better paint adhesion when applying FolkArt Painted Finishes Moss.
- Pour a small amount of Dark Moss onto a foam plate then load the Shortie Brush.
- Using a dabbing motion, generously apply the Dark Moss randomly over the cement squirrel creating patches of dense moss. Let dry.
- Next, add Light Moss to the foam plate. Load the Shortie Brush with Light Moss and apply it in smaller areas over the Dark Moss which will create interest and highlights. Continue using the same dabbing motion to apply the moss painted finish with texture. Let dry.
- Allowing Dark Moss to thoroughly dry before applying Light Moss rather than blending wet-on-wet, will assist in creating a definite distinction between colors.
- If you prefer a more blended look between Dark and Light Moss, do not allow the first color to dry before adding the second. Working wet-on-wet will allow you to achieve a soft blended moss effect.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.