FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
Premium, all-purpose acrylic paint for decorative crafts and home décor. Superior coverage. Exceptional brushability. Use on all porous surfaces. All colors are certified AP non-toxic, water-based, and acid neutral.
FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint - Brush On - Licorice
Finally, a fabric paint that isn't stiff! FolkArt Fabric paint is specially formulated to absorb into fabric -- so it feels softer and flexes with the fabric without flaking off. Perhaps best of all, the colors are highly pigmented which means they look great on dark fabrics. FolkArt Fabric paint is permanent on textiles, once dry, painted fabrics can be machine washed in cold water.
Mod Podge ® Sparkle, 8 oz.
Add a touch of sparkle to your decoupage projects! Waterbase formula dries fast & clear, holds tight, protects and gives a smooth finish. Great for all-around crafts and kid's projects. Mod Podge ® is an all in one decoupage glue, sealer and finish.
Mod Podge ® Fabric, 8 oz.
Decoupage on fabric … why not? Simply use Fabric Mod Podge to apply paper prints or fabric swatches to wearables, totes, banners and more! An exciting new way to embellish your clothes and your home. As a sealer, machine washable in cold water, gentle cycle after 72 hours. Mod Podge ® is an all in one decoupage glue, sealer and finish.
Black fabric paint
Wall letters of your choice
Coordinating kite fabrics
Ribbons – various widths and coordinating colors
Rhinestones (for flowers and kites and tag)
Felt - yellow; green; pink; and red (for tag and kites)
Eyelets – 3/16 inch (one each for kites and tag)
Black embroidery floss
Hot glue gun
- Paint sides of letters Lipstick Red; allow to dry.
- Prepare fabric with Fabric Mod Podge as directed. Lay each letter, front side down, on desired fabrics and trace around each letter. Cut out each letter just inside guide lines. Check for size and trim as necessary.
- Use Mod Podge to adhere fabric to each letter. Coat painted edges and the fronts of each letter with Sparkle Mod Podge; allow to dry and give a second coat if desired.
- Prepare fabric with Fabric Mod Podge as directed. Cut out several kites with different designs then coat with Sparkle Mod Podge.
- Cut felt pieces slightly larger than kites. Use Fabric Mod Podge to glue them together. Place an eyelet at the bottom of each kite and add coordinating colors of ribbon at various lengths.
- Cut out another set of felt pieces slightly larger than the first ones. Use Fabric Mod Podge to glue them together while also securing ribbon.
- Add rhinestones.
- From your fabric scraps, find a section of yellow fabric with no print. Prepare fabric with Fabric Mod Podge as directed and cut out a small rectangle.
- Use Licorice Fabric paint and small brush to paint on “Love” or other desired word. Allow to dry, then coat with Sparkle Mod Podge.
- Use pinking shears to cut out a rectangular piece of red felt ¼ inch larger than the fabric rectangle. Cut a tag shape out of pink felt slightly larger than the red piece of felt
- Attach yellow fabric piece onto red felt piece using Fabric Mod Podge.
- Use black embroidery floss to sew red and pink pieces of felt together using a straight stitch. Add eyelet.
- Use hot glue to attach embellishments. Refer to photo for placement ideas.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.