Plaid Jewelry Select Strands #35585 Filigree Leaves
Glass heart ornament
Ribbon or twine
- Trace around the heart ornament onto a decorative paper. I used dictionary paper because it’s thin and I like the text.
- Paint a coat of Mod Podge to the back of the heart ornament and set the heart in place. Seal it with a coat of Mod Podge.
- Cut a heart to fit the front of the ornament, but make it slightly smaller so you can see the Mod Podged heart in the back. Optionally, you can cut a second heart that is even smaller to go on top of the last one. Building layers like this is what makes this ornament fun.
- Mod Podge the heart(s) to the front of the ornament and leave to dry. Glue a button to the center of the heart with hot glue.
- Thread a piece of twine through the hanger on the ornament and tie in an overhand knot.
- Attach the filigree leaves to the hanger and twine piece with jump rings. Simply open the jump rings from side to side, hang the leaf and connect to twine and hanger wherever you like, then close the ring. I like to use large jump rings so I can open them with my fingers versus tools.
Project Tip: Color copied photos cut into heart shapes would be fun for this ornament as well.