Rectangle wood picture frame
Wood bird cut-out
Script liner brush
Clean damp cloth
2 coordinating patterned papers
Assorted buttons and embellishments
White craft glue
Fine grit sandpaper
- Lightly sand the frame. Apply a Barnyard Red wash to the frame with the sponge brush. Wait 30 seconds, then wipe with the clean damp cloth. Apply a second coat. Let dry.
- Add water to the Forest Moss paint until it is an inky consistency. Use the script liner to paint random scrolls and swirls as shown. Cut eight 1 ½” squares out of patterned paper. Cut eight 1” squares out of another coordinating paper. Apply paper squares to frame using Mod Podge, layer swuares beginning with the 1 1/2" square followed by the 1" square. Let dry.
- Apply two coats of Mod Podge to the entire frame; allow to dry completely between coats.
- Paint the bird wood cut-out Barnyard Red. Let dry.
- Rub candle wax on the edges of the bird and on the front in a few places.
- Repaint the bird Forest Moss. Let dry and sand lightly.
- Cut wing and tail feathers out of patterned paper. Use Mod Podge to secure to bird as shown. Apply two coats of Mod Podge on the bird; allow to dry completely between coats.
- Glue buttons, embellishments, and bird to frame using white craft glue. Refer to photo as reference.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.