1. Begin by rustic painting the entire birdhouse Orchid Blossom. Use a semi-dry brush and don’t worry about filling in all the areas.
2. Dip the paintbrush bristles into the Aqua paint and tap paint onto the front and back of the house. Keep the painting light and rustic looking.
3. Add a wash to the entire house by blending a drop of the ivory white paint with a teaspoon of blending gel. With a loose bristle brush, tap the paint mixture on the entire house highlighting areas.
4. Using a narrow round brush and Spanish Olive paint, paint stripes onto the roof of the birdhouse. Use the same color to add highlights to other areas of the house.
5. Cut scrapbook paper into the strips that will fit along the roof. Using the same paper, punch decorative shapes of paper.
6. Apply a coat of Mod Podge on the back of the paper strips, place the strips onto the roof, press the strips with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Topcoat with an additional layer of Mod Podge. Attach paper punched flower shapes to the front of the birdhouse in the same fashion as the roof stripes.
7. Using hot glue and Hot Glue Gun Helpers, glue moss around the hole in the birdhouse. Attach other embellishments (flowers, pearls, birds and rhinestones) with hot glue.