1. Follow kit instructions to cross stitch panel.
2. Cut panel and lining from main fabric, for pocket, 8 3/4" w x 9 1/4" h. Pin right sides together. Sew with sewing machine, 1/4" seam across top of panel. Fold lining to back of panel enclosing seam and press.
3. Cut from main fabric two pieces measuring 14 ½" x 13 ½" (front and back), two pieces 14 ½" x 17 1/4" (lining) and two pieces 14 ½" x 4 ½" from coordinating fabric. Cut two lengths from strapping 46" each.
4. Center and pin panel to bottom edge of front main fabric. Cover ½" on one side of panel with one strap. Sew with machine from raw edge to top of pocket, across strap and down to edge. Repeat with other end of strap. Measure distance from raw edges on sides of front fabric to stitched straps and repeat process to sew strap to right side of back fabric.
5. Sew width of coordinating fabric with right sides together, to bottoms of front and back. Align with right sides together, tops of front and back with tops of linings and sew 1/4" seams across each. Do not sew over straps. Place right sides together, front to back and lining to lining. Sew continuously around all sides leaving an opening in lining for turning.
6. Matching bottom seams to side seams on each corner, sew across corners measuring 1 ½" to create a boxed bottom. Press open seams avoiding straps.
7. Turn tote right side out. Finish by top stitching straps to front and back from previous stitching to top edges of tote. Hand stitch opening in lining.