- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Bright Baby Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Sawgrass, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Hologram, 5 oz.
- Simply ® Stencils - Uncut Blank
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Jamaican Sea, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Calypso Sky, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
Paper mache box
Medium flat brush
Small flat brush
craft knife or stencil cutter
- Double load the medium flat brush with Jamaican Sea and Wicker White. Paint the bottom of the box and flat surface of the lid using criss-crossing strokes, mixing paint colors slightly on the surface. See photo. Let dry.
- Paint the edge of the box lid Wicker White.
- Trace pattern on stencil blank and use craft knife or stencil cutter to create stencil.
- Transfer the small mitten and circle patterns on the bottom of the box randomly. Paint the mittens and snowballs as shown, using Calypso Sky, Bright Baby Pink, and Sawgrass. Paint mitten cuffs Wicker White.
- Mix Wicker White with a little water and lightly highlight the colored snowballs.
- Transfer the large mitten pattern to the top of the lid as shown. Paint the mittens Calypso Sky with Wicker White cuffs. Let dry.
- Paint three light coats of Hologram Extreme Glitter over the flat surface of the lid. Let each coat dry clear before adding another. Let dry completely.
- Water down Licorice to an inky consistency. Use the liner brush to loosely outline mittens on the box and lid.
- Use the same method to freehand your greeting around the edge of the box lid.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.