- Apple Barrel ® Colors - King's Gold, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Gold, 5 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Orange, 5 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Autumn Leaves, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Shimmer - Gold, 8 oz.
Thin cardboard from a cereal box or other thin cardboard
Patterned scrapbook paper in fall colors
Various fibers and tinsel yarn (tassel; hanging leaves; bows)
20 gauge wire for handle (approximately 18”)
7 beads in fall colors
1 small heart charm
1 jump ring
Light green Crepe Paper - 2 strips (6” x ¾” and 18” x ½”)
Needle and thread
Print-out of “Give THANKS with a grateful HEART” on gold paper
Hole punch 1/16”
1. Use provided template, cereal box, or other thin cardboard to trace and cut out cone (Save scraps for later). Overlap edge to dashed line and glue in place.
2. Use the same template to trace and cut out “fall” scrapbook paper. Decoupage to cone form using Mod Podge. Allow to dry then give the entire outside of the cone a coat of Mod Podge; dry.
3. Trace and cut out 4 leaf patterns onto scrap pieces of cardboard.
4. Paint 2 leaves with King’s Gold. Once dry, give 2 coats of Gold Extreme Glitter.
5. Paint the remaining 2 leaves with Autumn Leaves. Once dry, give 2 coats of Orange Extreme Glitter.
6. Cut out a small oval frame using scrap cardboard. Scallop edges with scissors.
7. Paint frame with Autumn Leaves, dry, then give 2 coats of Orange Extreme Glitter. Once dry, use hole punch to add decorative holes (Make sure there is a hole in the center of the bottom of frame to evening hang charm). See Photo. Glue print-out message on inside of frame then add heart charm and glue to front of cone.
8. Take the needle and thread and make a running stitch along the edge of each strip of crepe paper. Use hot glue to secure to upper and lower edges of cones as shown. Distress if desired then glue tinsel yarn along edges as shown.
9. Punch holes on each side of cone and add wire handle with beads.
10. Distress leaves if desired then
punch a hole just below the stem of each leaf, tie on fiber threads and hang leaves as shown; tie a bow on each side.
11. Create a tassel with several fibers and hot glue in place on bottom of cone.
*Fill with candies or other goodies and give to someone special as a thankful gesture.