- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Pond
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Indigo
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Greek Tile
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Foam Pouncers Set - 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Multi-Surface Finish - Durable Gloss, 8oz
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Paper Doilies - White
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brayer
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brush Set
Scissors or Craft knife
Assorted glass plates
Tip: When decoupaging on glass, it is recommended to use the mop-type decoupage brush being careful to stroke the decoupage medium in one direction using light pressure to avoid streaky brush marks.
- Prepare all glassware by washing in warm soapy water, rinse well and thoroughly dry. Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over entire glass surface to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap residue. Allow to dry.
- Prepare white paper doilies by removing them from the package.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage bush, apply one even, smooth coat of Decoupage Finish to the underneath side of the glass plate surface. (I used Gloss on all glass surfaces.)
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage medium to the front side of the paper doily.
- Apply the paper doily to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press white paper doily onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding doilies or sections of doilies to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper doilies. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Using foam pouncers, apply paint to the backside of each plate. Using Surf, Greek Tile and Pond, paint the entire backside of the glass plate and over the paper doily. Allow to dry.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.