- FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Brushes - Brush Sets - Basic
- FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Brushes - Brush Sets - Flat
- FolkArt ® Stains - Maple, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Stains - Mahogany, 2 oz.
- Stencil Decor ® Accessories - Stencil Tape
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Italian Sage, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Dark Hydrangea, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Finishes - Clearcote™ Aerosol Acrylic Sealer - Matte, 11 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
12” square unfinished wood frame with 4” square opening – sanded smooth
Paper towels or shop rags
- Tape off a vertical border on both sides of the frame. Apply a wash of Dark Hydrangea with ¾” flat brush on the left side. Wipe off excess paint, remove tape, let dry.
- Apply Mahogany Stain to the right side of the frame with ¾” flat brush. Wipe off excess stain, remove tape, let dry.
- Apply tape on the blue and mahogany stripe to protect while staining the top and bottom areas. Apply a wash of Italian Sage to the center top section and Maple Stain to the bottom section. Wipe excess off with shop rag after applying each color.
- Load #12 flat brush with licorice and and slide on chisel edge to create long double-stripes on either side of the blue and mahogany sections. Refer to photo.
- Continue to slide on chisel edge of brush and paint curving vines, stems and “fan” flowers as shown.
- Load #8 flat brush with Licorice and paint “basic” leaves on the stems as desired.
- For added durability and to deepen the beauty of the stained project, spray lightly with several coats of Matte Acrylic Sealer, letting dry between coats. Note: be sure to do this outside.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.