- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface High Gloss Acrylic Craft Paint - Beetle Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint - Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Stencil Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Multi-Surface Finish - Durable Gloss, 8oz
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Metallic Trims - Gold/Rose
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Metallic Trims - Silver/Brushed Pewter
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brayer
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brush Set
Halloween Metallic Trims (item #33456)
Scissors or Craft knife
Glass drinking glasses
Wood serving tray
fine grit sandpaper
Note: You can find Halloween Metallic Trims (item #33456) exclusively at Michaels.
- Thoroughly wash glasses in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe each glass to remove excess dirt, grease or remaining soap residue.
- Using stencil tape, measure and mark horizontal band around lip line of each drinking glass.
- Basecoat wood tray using Metallic Gold on the interior of the wood tray and Beetle Black Gloss on the exterior. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply until opaque.
- Prepare metallic trims by measuring lengths and cut using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the backside of the metallic trim.
- Apply the metallic trim to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press metallic trim onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding metallic trim to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the metallic trim. When brushing over the trim on the drinking glasses, be sure to apply the decoupage finish over the entire glass up to the stencil taped border. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Using a craft knife, score along the tape line before carefully removing the tape when completely dry.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.