Martha Stewart Crafts ® Patterning Tape
Create plaids, stripes, and checkerboards. Low tack adhesive allows easy placement, adjustment, removal. Contains 2 rolls--1 each 1/8in x 10yds and 1/4in x 10yds.
Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Habanero
Create a glossy, opaque effect on any glass surface. Fine tip allows for quick and easy application. Use for painting, silkscreening and outlining on glass surfaces. Weather resistant for indoor and outdoor use. Non-toxic. Permanent. Dishwasher safe on glass. 20 opaque colors for glossy effects. USA-made.
Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Metallic Opaque Glass Paint - Antique Pewter
Create an opaque metallic effect on any glass surface. Fine tip allows for quick and easy application. Use for painting, silkscreening and outlining on glass surfaces. Weather resistant for indoor and outdoor use. Non-toxic. Permanent. Dishwasher safe on glass. 10 opaque colors for metallic effects. USA-made.
Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Spray Paint Kit
Use Martha Stewart Crafts ® Spray Paint Kit to create quick and easy coverage on larger projects. Turn any Martha Stewart Crafts ® glass paint into spray paint. Sprays up to 12oz of liquid. Kit includes 1.9oz sprayer, 6oz spray medium, and mixing bottle with cap.
Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Paint Dauber and Roller Set, 6pc
Use daubers, foam pouncers or roller to apply glass paint to stencils and adhesive silkscreens for unique effects on glass projects. Pouncers are ideal for small, hard to reach areas. Use daubers to apply paint in an up-and-down, dabbing motion. This technique works well with stencils and adhesive silkscreens. Use roller for quick and easy painting and stenciling.
Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Adhesive Stencils - Typewriter Alphabet
Adhesive stencils are ideal for using on curved surfaces like vases, bottles, and pottery. They're repositionable and removable for precise placement. 4 adhesive stencils 5 3/4in x 7 3/4in, 64 designs, and instructions. Uppercase-1 3/4in h, Lowercase-5/8in h. Patented.
Brush basin or container for water
Thoroughly wash ceramics in warm soapy water; rinse well and dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe cleaned ceramics to remove any residue. Allow to dry.
Project Painting Instructions:
1. Using scissors, cut apart silkscreen designs following printed lines.
2. Peel silkscreen from backing sheet; set backing aside for later storage.
3. Position silkscreen on ceramic surface where desired; press in place.
4. To create the ombre look shown on some of the mugs, use the pouncer technique in the General Silkscreen Instructions below. Begin painting at the top of the butterfly with Pollen, then add Geranium and finish with Habanero.
5. Follow the General Silkscreen Instructions to paint additional butterflies Pollen, Geranium and Habanero as desired. Change the angle of the butterflies for a more natural look.
General Silkscreen Painting Instructions
- Apply paint through silkscreen using either the Squeegee Tool or Foam Pouncer Technique.
- Squeegee Tool Technique – Squeeze a small amount of paint onto solid edge of silkscreen. Holding squeegee tool at a 45° angle with light pressure, pull the paint across the opening of the silkscreen. Continue painting until the entire design has been silkscreened. Place squeegee in water container to clean. While paint is still wet, carefully peel away silkscreen from the project. Be careful not to drag the silkscreen to avoid smudging the painted design.
- Foam Pouncer Tool Technique – Squeeze a small amount of paint onto foam plate. Load the flat edge of the pouncer with paint by dabbing into the puddle of paint. Dab a few times more on a clean spot on the foam plate to ensure the pouncer is loaded properly. Holding the pouncer like a pencil, dab straight up and down over the silkscreen opening. Continue until the entire design has been painted. Place pouncer in water container to clean.
- Continue silkscreening designs until desired effect is achieved. NOTE: When repeating a design, it is best to clean the silkscreen between uses. Rinse in water and allow the silkscreen to dry thoroughly.
- Set completed project aside for 1 hour to thoroughly dry.
Projects painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints should be cured to increase the paint’s durability. Follow either the Bake to Cure or Air Cure Technique. Note: Use only the air cure technique when using glitter paints. Glitter paints should not be baked.
Bake to Cure Technique – Place dry silkscreened project into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Do NOT place project in a hot oven. Painted projects must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow projects to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.