- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Pollen
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Beetle Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Spray Paint Kit-Gloss Finish
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Multi-Surface Finish - Durable Gloss, 8oz
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brayer
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brush Set
Halloween Skulls Paper Cut-outs (item #33453)
Scissors or Craft knife
Assorted glass and/or white ceramic plates in a variety of sizes
Note: You can find Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween Skulls Paper Cut-outs (item #33453) exclusively at Michaels.
- Thoroughly wash plate in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe each plate to remove excess dirt, grease or remaining soap residue.
- Plan color scheme for plate considering base color and/or trim color. Basecoat paint using Wedding Cake, Pollen or Beetle Black. Allow to dry and reapply until opaque. When painting glassware or ceramics you may find it easier to basecoat using the Gloss Spray Paint Kit which will eliminate brush stroke marks.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage bush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the backside of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.