- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Navy Blue, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Engine Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Burnt Umber 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Finishes - Aerosol Lacquer - Matte, 11 oz.
- FolkArt ® Mediums - Floating Medium, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
Unfinished wood tray
Unfinished wood boxes - 2
Assorted sizes wood stars (to fit edge of tray)
White craft glue
Basic brush set
- Paint larger wood star Engine Red. Paint four wood stars Navy Blue. Set aside to dry.
- Paint entire tray Wicker White. Let dry.
- Using #12 flat brush loaded with Engine Red, slide on chisel edge to paint red stripes for rocket.
- Using Navy Blue, paint the rocket tip and base with stake.
- (When painting with a liner brush, thin paint with water until “inky” consistency.) Using script liner, paint the red and blue scrollwork at base of rocket.
- Paint blue and red stars inside of tray as shown scattered among the scrolls. Use liner brush and Wicker White to paint small stars on tip of rocket.
- Load #12 flat brush with Engine Red and sliding on chisel edge, highlight the sides of the tray at the corners.
- Glue wood stars to the front of tray.
- Load #12 flat brush with Floating Medium. Side load into Burnt Umber, then shade around rocket and all of the stars.
- Optional: When project is completely dry, apply several light coats of Spray Lacquer over entire tray for added durability.
Napkin Holder and Tableware Holder
- Paint entire box Navy Blue. Let dry.
- Tip: Use Floating Medium as needed in the brush, along with the paint to make the paint flow off your brush; wood surfaces tend to suck the moisture from your brush very quickly. Using ¾” flat brush, paint wide white ribbon completely around box.
- Load brush with Navy and slide on chisel edge of brush to paint the navy stripe in the middle of ribbon.
- Load brush with Engine Red and slide on chisel edge of brush to paint the red stripes on either side of the Navy stripe.
- Double load #12 flat brush with Wicker White and Engine Red. Paint five-petal flowers keeping the white edge out. Dot Navy centers using the brush handle. Dot on top of Navy dots with white to give highlights.
- (When painting with a script liner, thin paint to “inky” consistency.) Use script liner and Wicker White to add scrollwork in the empty spaces. Note: Thin paint to “inky” consistency when painting with Script Liner.
- Optional: When project is completely dry, apply several light coats of Spray Lacquer over entire box for added durability.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.