- Mod Podge ® 7 Piece Tool Kit
- Mod Podge ® Acrylic Shapes - Designer Shapes
- Mod Podge ® Podgeable Paper Flip Books - Nature
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Burnt Umber 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics - Pearl White, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic - Glitter Silver, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
Paper mache disc ornament
Acrylic prism ornament
White craft glue or hot glue
Brush basin or container for water
No. 1 Liner brush
Small eye screw
1. Neatly basecoat the body of the paper mache disc ornament Metallic Pearl White. Allow to dry and reapply base color.
2. Using scissors, cut out scalloped bird paper shape.
1. Using ¾” flat brush, apply Mod Podge to front of the scalloped bird paper piece. Apply to the dry backside of the scalloped acrylic shape. Press in place. Using Mod Podge squeegee holding at a 45° angle, pull squeegee toward you over wet papers using light pressure. This will release any caught air bubbles as well as squeeze out any excess Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
2. Using a No. 1 liner brush, paint Burnt Umber leaves on the basecoated paper mache disc. Embellish with groupings of three berry dots around the leaves. Allow to dry.
3. Add a word “discover” embellishment on the front of the scallop acrylic shape.
4. Using the writer tip of the Silver Glitter Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, apply dimensional dots in the center of each scallop on the acrylic shape.
5. Apply Clear Mod Podge Dimensional Magic over the word “discover” and allow to dry.
6. Attach the acrylic shape to the paper mache disc ornament using either white craft glue or hot glue.
7. Add an eye screw at the base of the ornament and attach the acrylic prism ornament to the eye screw.
8. Using white craft glue or a hot glue gun, attach braid trim around the edge of the paper mache disc to embellish the edges.