- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Habanero
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Metallic Opaque Glass Paint - Yellow Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Metallic Opaque Glass Paint - Copper
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Transparent Glass Paint - Meringue
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Spray Paint Kit
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Silkscreen - Leaves
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Squeegee Set, 2pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Paint Dauber and Roller Set, 6pc
Brush basin or container for water
Frame with Glass
Thoroughly wash ceramics in warm soapy water; rinse well and dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe cleaned ceramics to remove any residue. Allow to dry.
1. Wash glass in warm soapy water to thoroughly clean; rinse well and allow to dry.
2. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over cleaned glass to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
Project Painting Instructions:
Using scissors, cut apart silkscreen designs following printed lines. Peel silkscreen from backing sheet; set backing aside for later storage. Position silkscreen on project surface where desired; press in place.
Following General Silkscreen Painting Instructions, use Metallic Yellow Gold to silkscreen ginkgo leaves randomly over vase. For the most natural look, change the angle of the leaf and spacing between leaves.
Following General Silkscreen Painting Instructions, and working one color at a time, use Metallic Opaque Copper, Metallic Opaque Yellow Gold and Gloss Opaque Habanero to silkscreen a spray of different leaves diagonally across the glass. For the most natural look, change the angle of the leaf and spacing between leaves. Before reassembling the frame, line the back with either a favorite fabric or patterned paper such as old newsprint or a page from a book.
1. To create a painted ombre finish, use the spray paint system and Metallic Opaque Copper, following the spray paint package instructions. Work from the bottom of the vase up, allowing paint to be heavier and more opaque at bottom. Allow to dry.
2. Again using the spray paint system, spray Fine Glitter Copper paint over the opaque copper. Apply as many coats of glitter as desired. Allow to dry.
3. Following the General Silkscreen Painting Instructions, use Metallic Yellow Gold to silkscreen two leaves on one side of the vase. Angle leaves for a natural look.
General Silkscreen Painting Instructions:
Apply paint through silkscreen using either the Squeegee Tool Technique or the Foam Pouncer Tool Technique.
Squeegee Tool Technique – Squeeze a small amount of paint onto solid edge of silkscreen. Holding squeegee tool at a 45° angle with light pressure, pull the paint across the opening of the silkscreen. Continue painting until the entire design area has been silkscreened. Set squeegee aside in container of water for cleaning. While paint is still wet, carefully peel away silkscreen from the glass surface. Be careful not to drag silkscreen to avoid blurring the design.
Foam Pouncer Tool Technique – Squeeze a small amount of paint onto foam plate. Load the flat edge of the pouncer with glass paint by dabbing into the puddle of paint. Dab a few times more on a clean spot on the foam plate to ensure you have the entire foam pouncer loaded properly. Holding the foam pouncer as you would a pencil, begin dabbing straight up and down over the opening of the silkscreen. Continue painting until the entire design area has been painted. Set foam pouncer aside in container of water for cleaning. While paint is still wet, neatly and carefully lift silkscreen by peeling away from the glass surface. NOTE: Be careful not to drag silkscreen while removing it as your painted design may be blurred.
Continue silkscreening designs until desired effect is achieved. NOTE: When repeating a design, it is best to clean the silkscreen between uses. Rinse in water and allow the silkscreen to dry thoroughly.
Set completed project aside for 1 hour to thoroughly dry.
Projects painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints should be cured to increase the paint’s durability. Follow either the Bake to Cure or Air Cure Technique. Note: Use only the air cure technique when using glitter paints. Glitter paints should not be baked.
Bake to Cure Technique – Place dry silkscreened project into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Do NOT place project in a hot oven. Painted projects must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow projects to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using.