Tea Set Instructions:
- Stencil letters Pool and Spring Pasture Gloss Opaque.
- Stencil accent flowers Geranium Gloss Opaque.
- Stencil floral border on tray Wedding Cake and Geranium Gloss Opaque.
- Using Martha Stewart Crafts Spray Paint System, Pool or Spring Paster Gloss Opaque on saucers to match stenciling and on tray. Allow spray paint to thoroughly dry prior to stenciling.
- Wash glass in warm soapy water to thoroughly clean; rinse well and allow to dry.
- Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over cleaned glass to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
- Peel alphabet stencil from backing sheet; set backing aside and save for future storage.
- Position adhesive stencil on glass surface where desired; press in place.
- Squeeze a small amount of paint onto foam plate.
- Load the flat bottom edge of the foam pouncer with glass paint by dabbing into the puddle of paint. Dab a few times more on a clean spot on the foam plate to ensure you have the entire foam pouncer loaded properly.
- Holding the foam pouncer as you would a pencil, begin dabbing straight up and down over the opening of the adhesive stencil. Continue painting until the entire design area has been completed.
- Set foam pouncer aside in container of water for cleaning. While paint is still wet, neatly and carefully lift stencil by peeling away from the glass surface. NOTE: Be careful not to drag stencil while removing it as your painted design may be blurred.
- Continue adding stenciled designs over glass surface until desired effect is achieved. NOTE: When repeating a stenciled letter, it is best to clean the stencil between uses by rinsing in water and allowing the stencil to dry thoroughly.
- If desired, spray paint the top of each saucer to match the letter stenciled. Follow spray paint system instructions.
- Set completed project aside for 1 hour to thoroughly dry.
- All glass surfaces painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints should be cured to increase the paint’s durability on glass or ceramic surfaces. Follow either the Bake to Cure Technique or the Air Cure Technique.
Bake to Cure Technique – Set dry silkscreened glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do NOT place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.
Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.