- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Greek Tile
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Hydrangea Purple
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Pacific Iris
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Metallic Opaque Glass Paint - Antique Pewter
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Transparent Glass Paint - Bright Sky
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Spray Paint Kit
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Paint Dauber and Roller Set, 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Patterning Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Adhesive Stencils - Classic Serif Alphabet
Brush basin or container for water
Instructions for Classic Serif Projects:
- Stencil monogram letters Greek Tile, Pacific Iris and Hydrangea
Purple Gloss Opaque.
- Stencil accent trim and borders in Antique Pewter Metallic
Opaque, Bright Sky Gloss Transparent and Hydrangea Purple Gloss Opaque.
- Using Martha Stewart Crafts Spray Paint System, paint the
solid borders in Bright Sky Gloss Transparent and Hydrangea Purple Gloss
Opaque prior to stenciling. Allow
spray paint to thoroughly dry prior to stenciling.
ceramic surfaces in warm soapy water to thoroughly clean; rinse well and
allow to dry.
- Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and
wipe over cleaned ceramic surfaces to remove any remaining dirt, grease
or soap film. Allow to dry.
- Peel alphabet stencil from backing sheet; set
backing aside and save for future storage.
- Position adhesive stencil on glass surface
where desired; press in place.
- Squeeze a small amount of paint onto foam
- Load the flat bottom edge of the foam pouncer
with glass paint by dabbing into the puddle of paint. Dab a few times more on a clean spot
on the foam plate to ensure you have the entire foam pouncer loaded
- Holding the foam pouncer as you would a pencil,
begin dabbing straight up and down over the opening of the adhesive
stencil. Continue painting until
the entire design area has been completed.
- Set foam pouncer aside in container of water
for cleaning. While paint is
still wet, neatly and carefully lift stencil by peeling away from the
ceramic surface. NOTE: Be careful not to drag stencil while
removing it as your painted design may be blurred.
adding stenciled designs over ceramic surface until desired effect is
achieved. NOTE: When repeating a stenciled letter, it
is best to clean the stencil between uses by rinsing in water and allowing
the stencil to dry thoroughly.
- To further embellish the stenciled letter, use
the writer tip to paint swiss dots on the broad portion of each
letter. Position the writer tip
where desired, lightly squeeze the bottle until desired dot size is achieved,
release pressure and lift.
- Set completed project aside for 1 hour to
ceramic surfaces painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints should
be cured to increase the paint’s durability on glass or ceramic surfaces. Follow either the Bake to Cure
Technique or the Air Cure Technique.
Bake to Cure
Technique – Set dry silkscreened ceramic
surfaces into cool oven. Set oven to
350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Ceramic
surface must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do NOT place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Allow ceramics to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to
cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.
Technique – Air dry completed project
for 21 days before using. NOTE:
Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure
technique when painting with glitter paints.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.