- Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Engine Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics - Sequin Black, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics - Inca Gold, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Antique Matte, 8 oz.
Glass jar with cork
1. Use a pencil to trace a heart shape from an old book page. Cut out the paper. Coat the top of the paper with a layer of Mod Podge. Position onto the jar. Smooth with your fingers so that you have no air bubbles. Allow to dry for 1 hour. Repeat this step with with a circle of scrapbook paper on the top of the cork.
2. Paint the wood heart with Engine Red paint. Add a few dry brushstrokes of Sequin Black to the heart. Top coat the heart by texture painting it with Inca Gold.
3. Hot glue the heart to the center of the jar. Tie yarn trim around the neck of the jar and attach a gem to the knot.
If love notes are not your thing, fill with candies or nuts.