- Mod Podge ® Podgeable Paper Flip Books - Romance
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Red Velvet, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Toasted Vanilla, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Raw Sienna, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Mediums - Glazing Medium, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Coffee Bean, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic - Glitter Gold, 2 oz.
9” x 12” Canvas
4” x 6” Canvas
4” Wide White Lace
¾” Flat Brush
Lint Free Rag
- Base coat the large canvas with Toasted Vanilla and the small canvas with Red Velvet. Allow to dry and then dry brush the small canvas with Licorice. Mix an equal amount of Folkart Glazing Medium and Raw Sienna. Apply mixture with a ¾” flat brush to the large canvas and then wipe off with a clean lint free rag. Allow to dry.
- Tape off the corners and paint with Coffee Bean. Allow to dry. Dry brush the edges and along tape line with Licorice.
- Cut out all the elements from the Mod Podge Podgeble Flip Book, Romance papers. The paper for the small canvas is cut and then torn along the edges. Dry brush the torn edges with Coffee Bean.
- Cut a strip of burlap 1 ¾” x 14”. Fray the edges and then apply a coat of Mod Podge Matte to the back of the burlap to keep if from fraying any further. Allow to dry. Paint seven hearts spaced equally apart with Red Velvet.
- Cut a piece of wide 4” lace ribbon 14” long. Water down the Raw Sienna and then paint the lace. Allow the lace to dry completely. Cut the width down to 2 ¾”.
- Using the Mod Podge Matte glue the lace along the right side of large canvas. Allow to dry.
- On the smaller canvas, glue the paper with the torn edges to the front slightly positioned to the left of the canvas using the Mod Podge Matte. Apply a top coat of Mod Podge. Use the leftover remnants from the lace and glue to the top part of smaller canvas using Mod Podge Matte. Allow to dry and then add a smaller piece of burlap on top following the previous instructions for burlap.
- Glue the small paper element into the gold button using Mod Podge Matte. Glue the button in place.
- Cover the back of the Mod Podge Acrylic Heart with different cutouts from the Mod Podge Podgeble flip book, Romance. Once the Mod Podge dries, glue to the front of the small canvas.
- Position the small canvas on top of the large canvas. Mark with a pencil where you would like to paint the stems. Remove the small canvas and tape off the stems and paint with Coffee Bean. Glue the papers elements to the top of the stems with Mod Podge Matte. Allow to dry. Apply Mod Podge Matte to the entire canvas. Allow to dry. Glue the 14” burlap strip to the center of the lace strip.
- Glue smaller canvas to larger canvas. Add the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Clear to the paper elements at the end of each stem and to one of the gears on the paper on the smaller canvas along with the center of the gold button. Add Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Gold Glitter to the hearts on the burlap strip and all the right side of the torn paper on the smaller frame. Once dry, tie two twine bows and glue to each stem.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.