- Mod Podge ® 7 Piece Tool Kit
- Mod Podge ® Acrylic Shapes - Basics, Flat & Charm
- Mod Podge ® Podgeable Paper Flip Books - Nature
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Gilded Oak, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Burnt Umber 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Forest Moss, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
Wood birdhouse of choice
Assorted small buttons
Assorted wood beads
White craft glue or hot glue
Brush basin or container for water
2 small eye screws
fine grit sandpaper
1. Neatly basecoat the body of the birdhouse Toasted Vanilla. Allow to dry, sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper. Using ¾” flat brush “slip slap” both Toasted Vanilla and Forest Moss over body of birdhouse for a soft blended look.
2. Paint birdhouse roof Burnt Umber. Allow to dry. Sand smooth and reapply. When dry, lightly dry brush Forest Moss over edges of roof sections.
3. Using scissors cut out desired leaves and bird paper shapes.
1. Using ¾” flat brush, apply Mod Podge to backside of paper pieces. Apply to the dry prepared birdhouse. Press in place. Using Mod Podge squeegee holding at a 45° angle, pull squeegee toward you over wet papers using light pressure. This will release any caught air bubbles as well as squeeze out any excess Mod Podge. Allow to dry. Mod Podge paper to backside of acrylic shape and bird to front of acrylic shape.
2. Add a word “discover” embellishment on the front of the birdhouse and acrylic shape.
3. Using the writer tip of the clear Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, apply dimension to the word “discover.” Allow to dry.
4. Add an eye screw at the base of the birdhouse and one at the top for hanging. Using twine, string beads to create a tassel including the acrylic shape and attach to the birdhouse base eye screw.
Using white craft glue or hot glue, embellish with assorted buttons.