- FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Worksheet Packs - Basic Strokework
- FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Brushes - Brush Sets - Value Pack
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Deep Tomato Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lemon Custard, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Yellow Ochre, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Thicket, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Fresh Foliage, 2 oz.
One 8” wide x 6” tall stretched canvas
Two 5” square stretched canvases
Brush basin or container for water
- Load the 3/4” Flat Brush with Licorice and basecoat each of the three canvases black. Allow to dry.
- Reapply basecoat if needed.
- Large Leaf Scroll – Refer to Flower Petals Worksheet (1011AWKSHT) to practice strokework before painting. Double load the No. 12 Flat Brush with Tomato Red and Lemon Custard. Blend on the palette to soften the color. Begin painting the red strokes to the backside of the large red/green leaf scroll. Paint overlapping comma and “wiggle” comma strokes in a slight curve.
- Double load the same No. 12 Flat Brush with Fresh Foliage and Lemon Custard. Blend on the palette. Continue painting the same strokes layering the green / yellow over the red previously painted strokes. Accent some of the green strokes with AP Yellow Ochre.
- Fill in additional strokes if needed.
- Wiggle Leaf – Refer to Leaf Stokes Worksheet (1011BWKSHT) to practice strokework before painting. Double load the No. 12 Flat Brush with Tomato Red and Lemon Custard. Blend on the palette. To paint a “wiggle leaf” begin at the base of each leaf, on the chisel edge touch at an angle, apply pressure, pull the bristles upward and wiggle; lift back to the chisel edge at the tip of the leaf. NOTE: Keep Tomato Red to the outside of each leaf.
- Fern – Refer to Leaf Strokes Worksheet (1011BWKSHT) to practice strokework before painting. Double load the No. 12 Flat Brush with Fresh Foliage and Thicket; blend on the palette. Paint a curving stem keeping the brush on the chisel edge. Add pairs of basic One Stroke leaves on either side of the curving stem. Begin on the chisel edge of the brush, touch the surface, apply pressure, pull and lift back to the chisel edge of the brush creating the tip of the leaf. NOTE: You may wish to accent a portion of the stem and a few leaves with a touch of Lemon Custard.
- Accent Leaves – Basic One Stroke leaves are painted as accents on all three canvases. Try a variety of colors: AP Yellow Ochre with Thicket stems; Tomato Red and Lemon Custard; and Thicket and Fresh Foliage. Paint these accents leaves as filler to the design on each of the three canvases using the No. 12 Flat Brush.
- Comma Strokes – To further accent the scroll / leaf designs, paint long narrow Thicket and Fresh Foliage comma strokes painted with the No. 2 Script Liner Brush.
- Don’t forget to sign your name in the color desired with thinned paint using the No. 2 Script Liner Brush. When dry if desired, apply a couple coats of brush-on waterbase varnish or spray sealer in sheen of your choice. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.