- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 4oz Magnetic Paint Effect
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 6oz Multi-Surface Chalkboard Paint Acrylic Craft Paint - Gray
- Mod Podge ® Matte, 8 oz.
16” x 20” canvas
Mod Podge Rub-on Transfers
Acrylic shaped hearts
Scrapbook paper and embellishments in the patterns of your choice
Magnets – adhesive strips
1. I used an old canvas in this project, so I painted it with Gesso to cover the
pattern. You can skip this step if you are starting with a new canvas.
2. Give the canvas three coats of magnetic paint using a foam brush, following the
instructions on the back of the jar carefully. Let dry.
3. If your magnetic paint is rough, you can sand using the sandpaper.
4. Paint the entire canvas with two coats of chalkboard paint and let dry. Make
sure to paint the sides.
5. While your canvas is drying, trace the hearts onto the scrapbook paper and cut
out using the scissors.
6. Mod Podge the paper onto the back of the heart shapes and let dry.
7. Add embellishments and rub-ons to the fronts of the hearts – suggestions are
shown in the photo.
8. Add Dimensional Magic to the fronts of the hearts and let dry for several hours.
9. Attach magnet strips to the back of the hearts using craft glue and let dry.
10. Prepare the chalkboard following the instructions on the back of the bottle.
11. You can use your chalkboard to write on and also to hold notes with the heart