- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Summer Linen
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint - Yellow Gold
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Spray Paint Kit-Gloss Finish
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Stencil Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Multi-Surface Finish - Durable Gloss, 8oz
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Paper Cut-outs - Leaves
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brayer
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brush Set
Scissors or Craft knife
Assorted glass hurricanes
Assorted wooden frames
Tip: When decoupaging on glass, it is recommended to use the mop-type decoupage brush being careful to stroke the decoupage medium in one direction using light pressure to avoid streaky brush marks.
- Prepare one wooden frame by basecoating Summer Linen. Allow to dry and reapply if needed. Allow to dry.
- Using patterning tape, mask assorted widths horizontally around the glass hurricanes. Set up spray paint kit using Yellow Gold and Gloss Medium. Spray Yellow Gold bands where desired on glass hurricanes. Allow to dry.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage bush, apply one even, smooth coat of Decoupage Finish to the surface. (I used Gloss on all surfaces.)
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.