- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Beach Glass
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint - Beetle Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Spray Paint Kit
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Silkscreen - English Garden
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Squeegee Set, 2pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Paint Dauber and Roller Set, 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Glass Patterning Tape
Brush basin or container for water
3 white ceramic vases
Thoroughly wash ceramics in warm soapy water; rinse well and dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe cleaned ceramics to remove any residue. Allow to dry.
Project Painting Instructions
1. For the two larger vases, use Glass Patterning tape plus Beach Glass Opaque Texture Paint and the Spray System to create the color band. Apply tape where desired; mix the Beach Glass paint as directed on the Spray System package. Apply color, and let dry completely before continuing.
2. Using scissors, cut apart silkscreen designs following printed lines.
3. Peel silkscreen from backing sheet; save backing for later silkscreen storage.
4. Position silkscreen on surface where desired; press in place.
5. Use Beetle Black Opaque Texture paint to silkscreen designs following the General Silkscreen instructions
General Silkscreen Painting Instructions:
Apply paint through silkscreen using either the Squeegee Tool or Foam Pouncer Technique.
Squeegee Tool Technique – Squeeze a small amount of paint onto solid edge of silkscreen. Holding squeegee tool at a 45° angle with light pressure, pull the paint across the opening of the silkscreen. Continue painting until the entire design has been silkscreened. Place squeegee in water container to clean. While paint is still wet, carefully peel away silkscreen from the project. Be careful not to drag the silkscreen to avoid smudging the painted design.
Foam Pouncer Tool Technique – Squeeze a small amount of paint onto foam plate. Load the flat edge of the pouncer with paint by dabbing into the puddle of paint. Dab a few times more on a clean spot on the foam plate to ensure the pouncer is loaded properly. Holding the pouncer like a pencil, dab straight up and down over the silkscreen opening. Continue until the entire design has been painted. Place pouncer in water container to clean.
Continue silkscreening designs until desired effect is achieved. NOTE: When repeating a design, it is best to clean the silkscreen between uses. Rinse in water and allow the silkscreen to dry thoroughly.
Set completed project aside for 1 hour to thoroughly dry.
Projects painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints should be cured to increase the paint’s durability. Follow either the Bake to Cure or Air Cure Technique. Note: Use only the air cure technique when using glitter paints. Glitter paints should not be baked.
Bake to Cure Technique – Place dry silkscreened project into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Do NOT place project in a hot oven. Painted projects must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow projects to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using.